|Moel Fenlli Hillfort|
Overlooking Bwlch Pen Barras is the historic hillfort of Moel Fenlli.
Moel Fenlli was built during the Iron Age, around 2,500 years ago.
There is evidence that people would have lived inside the hillfort collecting water from a spring in the centre of the fort.
People have been using the hillfort before and after the Iron Age.
There is a possible Bronze Age burial mound inside the fort and in 1816 a hoard of 1,500 Roman Coins were found.
Moel Fenlli can be accessed by taking the A494 Ruthin to Mold road and following the brown signs for Moel Famau Country Park. Moel Fenlli car park is situated opposite Moel Famau car park. Whilst the Offa's Dyke trail is to be found along the base of Moel Fenlli a footpath can be taken directly up to the Fort from the car park below. For public transport links, please visit traveline-cymru.org.uk or call 0871 200 22 33
Moel Fenlli Map
If you would like more information on Moel Fenlli, please visit the Moel Fenlli - Dig In Deeper! page